Manager, Contract Management
MTVNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2019 11:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Contract Management jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Contract Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Contract Management? Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and young-at-heart audiences in more than 180 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, VH1, TV Land, CMT, Logo, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe (Argentina), Colors (India) and Paramount Channel, reach approximately 4.3 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide.
Our Business and Legal Affairs team is looking for a Coordinator or Manager, Contract Management. In this role, you will provide day-to-day contract management services for MTV, VH1, Logo, and Viacom Digital Studios programming, with a focus on production of original unscripted long form and short form programming, tentpole events, promotional content and integrated marketing programming. You will also work closely with other departments across the organization.
• Negotiating and drafting production agreements (e.g., talent, venue and location releases)
• Balancing a range of production-related legal matters; providing legal support to all levels of internal production and development personnel
• Drafting contract summaries and assisting with other special projects including deal tracking, maintaining team databases, and administrative matters
• Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by management; advising Production Management on contract administration and compliance
• Coordinating distribution of production agreements to third party production companies
• Data entry (including coordination of document scanning), revising and updating databases and spread sheets, leading all aspects of document delivery to necessary recipients
• Bachelor's Degree. JD not required.
• 2 years of experience preferably at a network, studio, entertainment law firm or production company in the business/legal affairs team
• Working knowledge of, and interest in, producing television/film programming and related business issues
• Strong drafting, negotiation (including ability), communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
• Reasoning skills including the ability to identify legal issues; interpret and analyze comments from opposing representation and in response, apply company policy; and to negotiate complex, multi-layered projects.
• The Business & Legal Affairs group works with their counterparts in a highly collaborative manner – the ideal candidate will have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented, and can-do spirit This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.