Editor - MTV Music Channels
Full Time Job
The MTV Music Production Editor is responsible for cutting a variety of different music shows for MTV's 5 Music Channels; MTV Music, Hits, Base, Classic & HD Live. The work primarily cuts on AVID but premier is an option for less time sensitive projects. Working closely with another editor this role will be responsible for cutting half of the weekly UK Official Chart show every Friday. Ideal candidates will be able to bring creative ideas to the table whilst following creative direction set by producers.
What will you be doing?
• Editor servicing the internal workload of MTV Music Production.
• Cutting quick turn around programmes within the day.
• Assist production team in edit advice.
• Experimenting with shots and working with directors in shoot prep.
• Working closely with producers and responding to notes.
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What are we looking for?
• Experience editing quickly.
• Experience cutting exciting & 'punchy' music montages.
• A knowledge of popular music.
• Knowledge and experience of AVID.
• Friendly and positive attitude.
• Adobe Premier experience a plus.
• After Effects experience a plus but not vital.
• Prepping sequences for delivery.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead.
Inclusivity & Collaboration
We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges.
Agility & Adaptability
We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next.