Digital Research & Insights Manager
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Digital Research & Insights Manager, MTV Entertainment Group
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
Overview and Responsibilities
This position will support the analytics and insights functions as they pertain to the MTV Entertainment Group! This position reports to the Director of Digital Research and Insights. This individual will be responsible for contributing and building in-depth analysis of performance and trends on social and digital platforms including competitive intelligence, case studies, and supporting management in the development of overall digital strategies.
• Serve as the day-to-day social analytics contact for MTV, VH1, Logo, and CMT
• Complete regular analysis to address and inform important questions relating to owned digital performance across MTV Entertainment sites and apps
• Start-to-end ownership of reports, presentations, and other deliverables to provide strategic recommendations for MTV Entertainment group brands (MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Smithsonian Channel, Paramount Network, TV Land, Pop TV, and Logo)
• Complete analytics for pre, during and after an event.
• Minimum of 4 years' experience with social analytics
• Strong knowledge of social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Snapchat Analytics, Conviva, YouTube Analytics, Listenfirst, Tubular, Social Content Ratings, etc.), and data management tools (DOMO, etc)
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Omniture or other analytics tools (i.e., Google Analytics)
• Strong strategic problem solver, with a passion for television and digital media!
• Ability to build and tell a story through data in the form of presentations and other deliverables
• Computer proficiency with strong Microsoft Office skills is essential (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, set priorities, handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Experience with social listening tools (Crimson Hexigon, Talkwalker, etc.)
• Proactive self-starter who takes initiative, and can work well both independently and with others
• Experience using Tableau or PowerBI for data analysis and dashboards
• Experience with programming language like Python a plus