MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position's primary function is to write and develop concepts for innovative creative executions across all 3 brands. We’re looking for a conceptual thinker and writer who can script creative and strategic content in a multitude of voices across all mediums/disciplines and brands, including on-air scripting, advertising copywriting, long-form editorial, pitch storytelling, presentations, interactive, strategic documents, naming and tagline development.
• Generate concepts and ideas for a wide range of shows and tones, from initial brainstorms to 360 campaigns
• Write and ideate across all media, including print, on-air and digital
• Multitask and work across a variety of projects at different stages at the same time
• Effectively pitch creative and scripts up the approval chain in small and large groups
• Collaborate across all disciplines with team members to execute high-level creative, move the project forward and meet deadlines and budgets.
• Proofread own work. Check for accuracy and consistency, as well as spelling, grammar and style.
• 3-6 years’ experience.
• Editorial/copywriting experience at an advertising agency or entertainment company.
• Strong creative/strategic writing and conceptual skills; able to write in a multitude of voices across all mediums.
• Has worked in advertising and/or on-air promotions
• Can write and develop many concepts for a project, even within tight timeframes.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Can work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task as needed
• Effective presenter and communicator.
• Strong knowledge of pop culture and current/emerging trends.