Coordinator, Contracts Management
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
MTV is the leading global youth media brand in 180 countries, reaching 450 million households in nearly 30 different languages across every platform. MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand, the cultural home of the millennial generation and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects pop culture with award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, the internet and other platforms. A unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and MTV Studios.
Overview and Responsibilities
Our Business and Legal Affairs team is looking for a Coordinator, Contract Management. In this role, you will provide day-to-day contract management services for MTV, VH1, Logo, and Viacom Digital Studios programming, with a focus on production of our original unscripted long form and short form programming, tentpole events, promotional content and integrated marketing programming.
The Coordinator, Contracts Management will handle a heavy volume of fast-paced production matters relating to our network and studio businesses, and the production of original programming though our “in-house” and third party production companies. You will also work closely with other departments across the organization.
This position will begin remotely and ultimately will be located in New York, NY
• Negotiating and drafting production agreements (e.g., talent, venue and location releases).
• Balancing a range of production-related legal matters; providing legal support to all levels of internal production and development personnel.
• Drafting contract summaries and assisting with other special projects including deal tracking, maintaining team databases, and administrative matters.
• Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by management; advising Production Management on contract administration and compliance.
• Manage the distribution of production agreements to third party production companies.
• Data entry including coordination of document scanning, revising and updating databases and spread sheets, leading all aspects of document delivery to necessary recipients.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2 years of experience preferably at a network, studio, entertainment law firm or production company in the business/legal affairs team
• Expereince negotiating and drafting contracts, preferably in the media landscape.
• Working knowledge of, and interest in, producing television/film programming and related business issues.
• Proficiency in Edocs and MS Office Suite a plus
• Strong drafting, negotiation, written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
• Ability to analyze and identify legal issues and comments from opposing representation and in response, apply company policy;
• Ability to negotiate complex, multi-layered projects with great attention to detail.
• The Business & Legal Affairs group works with their counterparts in a highly collaborative manner – the ideal candidate will have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented, and can-do spirit.