MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Assist department with pitching MTV, VH1 Logo programming, tentpoles, etc.
• Provide admin support to VP, Communications
• Maintain/update press lists, coordinating press mailings, assembling daily clips, booking talent travel/itinerary, processing invoices, FedEx/messenger etc.
• Oversee department interns
• Attend weekly programming and planning meetings
• Pitch submit MTV, VH1 Logo priorities for all appropriate awards and industry lists, previews, listings services, monthly satellite guides, etc. in collaboration with West Coast coordinator
• College degree
• 2-3 years of public relations/event experience (including press releases/newsletters/industry events) - agency or corporate background
• Strong organizational skills to effectively assist in the management of multiple projects from inception to completion
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient with social media