Senior Director, Brand Design - MTV Entertainment Group
MTV Entertainment GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Design Director is a key leadership role on the Brand Creative Team, acting as a design liaison between print, motion, and digital. They will design, oversee, and help to develop 360 creative for multiple brands and franchises collaborating alongside Creative
Directors, Art Directors, Designers, Writers, Producers, and Marketing. As the Senior Design Director, you will be responsible for conceiving, crafting, and executing innovative and inspired design across a variety of multidisciplinary mediums in print, motion, and digital. Projects will
be multi-platform and include key art, print and OOH, on-air design, launch spots, trailers, teasers, brand image, channel branding, and branded social and digital content. The Senior Design Director will be tasked with pushing the MTV Entertainment Group forward,
partnering with internal and external partners to deliver best-in-class creative. They will advocate and champion a diverse and inclusive team, while supporting, art directing, managing, and mentoring young designers. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at building relationships, and have their finger on the pulse of all design and entertainment related news and trends. They will encourage and inspire our team to do the best work and have a strong passion for design, entertainment, and pop culture.
• Concept and execute innovative concepts & designs.
• Create and Deliver Cohesive creative across franchise deliverables.
• Produce creative solutions based on various clients' business needs.
• Pitch ideas & work to team and clients.
• Contribute in a high volume fast paced team environment.
• Maintain brand consistency and ensure that all work is informed by and reinforces thebrand strategy while delivering on marketing and programming goals.
• Work to maintain freshness, creative excellence, and a level of innovation that willuphold and enhance the brands.
• Art Direct, manage and mentor designers by providing clear direction, reviewing workand giving feedback.
• Keep up to date with contemporary design, technology and entertainment landscape.
• Ability to Art Direct photo shoots and photography knowledge a plus.
• Direct the work of outside vendors as needed.
• BA Degree in Graphic Design or related discipline
• 7-10 years professional experience
• Expert knowledge of all the latest design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software programs -- Mac OS, Photoshop, Illustrator,
• InDesign, After Effects and familiarity with 3D applications
• A strong understanding of layout, type, logo design, current design trends as well as a keen interest in popular culture and how it relates to the MTV Entertainment Group brands.
• Excellent communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team
• Ability to multi-task while working independently and with a team
• Must be able to think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
• Excellent creative, conceptual and critical thinking abilities.
• Ability to match style to specific project.
• Experience with Streaming Platforms a plus.