MTV Entertainment GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/15/2021 1:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Counsel jobs in New York-NY
Search all Counsel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Counsel? We at MTV Entertainment are seeking our next Production Counsel! Our business and legal affairs department handles development and production work for both scripted and unscripted programming and works closely with MTV's Development and Production Management teams as well as many other network departments (including Programming, Talent, Publicity, Music & Media Licensing, Labor & Employment, Risk Management, Pre-Broadcast Content Review, Intellectual Property & Litigation, Connected Content and Accounting/Finance). This role is remote now but will be based in NY.
Summary of job
The Counsel role for the Production & Development, ViacomCBS Media Networks BALA group will provide day-to-day services with a focus on production matters for original scripted, unscripted and animated series.
• Structuring, drafting and negotiating complex development and production agreements (e.g., rights acquisition, producer, writer, production services, and talent agreements, format licenses, venue and location releases, etc.)
• Performing day-to-day legal production work for presentations, pilots, specials and series, and advising and consulting with clients and outside production companies regarding production-related legal matters (including guild, union and other employment law issues)
• Reviewing and approving legal contracts for execution by MTV management Leading and/or engaging in strategic deal discussions and researching business and legal issues
• Advising and communicating with various other departments within ViacomCBS Media Networks regarding exploitation of original programming across all media platforms Counseling the client groups on a wide variety of other legal matters, including guild/union and labor issues, intellectual property rights, off-channel marketing and promotions, insurance, product integrations, online and music issues, and performing other day-to-day business and legal affairs-related tasks as needed and assigned by MTV's business and legal affairs department heads and senior executives.
• 1 plus years of relevant experience, preferably in-house in a business and/or legal affairs department in the media or entertainment industry, including at a studio, network, production company, or other media or advertising agency, or at a law firm focused on media and/or entertainment law.
• Qualified candidates should possess excellent drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task to cover a high volume of deals and work independently.
• The Business & Legal Affairs group works with their counterparts in a highly collaborative manner – the ideal candidate will have a cooperative, positive, team-focused, and can-do spirit. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.