Writing Associate Producer
MSNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
MSNBC is looking for a Writing Associate Producer for MTP Daily with Chuck Todd.
• Research, report and write news readers.
• Assist with researching, reporting and writing daily segments and lower-third banners.
• Determine video, sound and graphics for assigned segments.
• Contribute to editorial planning discussions.
• Pitch story and guest ideas.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Washington, DC or New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Strong interest in and understanding of American politics.
• Knowledge of current events, American history and international affairs.
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work under deadline pressure.
• Reader of wide-range of news from a variety of sources, including op-eds.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Sound journalistic and news judgment.
• Ability to recognize stories that fit the MTP brand.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Creative thinker who brings new ideas to news stories.
• Team player willing to pitch in at all levels as needed.
• Strong knowledge of social media.
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.