Social Video Producer, MSNBC
MSNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NBC News Digital is seeking a video producer to create and distribute native short-form video across MSNBCâ€™s social media accounts, with a particular focus on TikTok and Instagram.
The ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of social media and how to package social video of all types across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. They will have experience editing content in the style of each platform, and understand what type of video engages audiences who donâ€™t ever stop swiping and scrolling. They will know a compelling visual moment when they see one â€'' whether itâ€™s harrowing breaking news footage, a must-watch interview, or something light and buzzy â€'' and be able to produce it quickly.
The producer will work directly with reporters and network talent to gather video from the field and behind the scenes to create social-first content. They will be responsible for identifying and clipping must-see moments from MSNBC air. The role requires impeccable editorial judgment and multitasking under pressure.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild and is based in New York.
• Create and distribute native social video on MSNBCâ€™s social accounts
• Clip, edit and produce short-form social video in ideal specifications for various platforms
• Identify must-watch news moments, emerging stories, viral moments and social trends
• Write compelling and accurate social copy and captions
• Post content to all social platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and Twitter
• Coordinate with other teams to collect assets and create content
• Keep up to date on industry trends, strategies and production methods
• Bachelor's Degree
• Two or more years of experience working in social media or digital media
• Demonstrable experience creating shareable content
• Extensive knowledge of the digital space, with
experience building audiences on TikTok and Instagram
• Ability to abide by NBC News and MSNBCâ€™s social media guidelines
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Awareness of MSNBC personalities and brands
• Strong news judgment and excellent writing and
• Flexible and comfortable multitasking during high-