Social Media Editor
MSNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Social Media Editor, The Choice From MSNBC
Do you have a track record of processing and reporting a variety of political, foreign, and domestic news topics with speed and accuracy? Are you passionate about journalism, news analysis, and working in fast-moving digital spaces? If your answers are yes, we want to meet you.
We're looking for an experienced Social Media Editor to join the Choice from MSNBC social team, based in New York. You'll work with the executive producers of the Choice and the head of MSNBC social to manage the Choice's presence on social media platforms. You will activate on social strategies that elevate in-depth analysis, commentary and informed perspectives. You will be able to swiftly break news, while identifying and promoting coverage initiatives. We are looking for someone who can help keep the Choice in the forefront of social media news.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
• Drive social media coverage for the Choice from MSNBC
• Help define and share the voices of the Choice to our highly engaged social audiences
• Maintain focus and accuracy during breaking news and high-pressure news situations; keeping as many platforms as active as possible when the stakes are high, and accuracy with speed matter most
• Comfortable being an independent self-starter, but also part of a multi-location, multi-time zone team
• Writing headlines, editing video, and distributing content on social media platforms
• Coordinating with editors on show teams and site programming
• 2 or more years editing experience
• Must be a skilled text and video editor with outstanding communication skills and the ability to prioritize while multitasking
• Experience managing breaking news, video editing, and packaging/publishing on social media accounts for a news outlet(s)
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but highly rewarding news environment
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Experience analyzing social, site analytics, and
• Experience as a site cover editor or similar digital media
• Active awareness of personalities and brands on the Choice