Senior Producer, Dayside
MSNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Producer, MSNBC Dayside 10Am
• Assist the Executive Producer in the supervision of the editorial vision of each day, including suggesting stories and guests for the show.
• Fill in for the Executive Producer when needed.
• Supervise and copy edit segment producers' scripts.
• Direct manage members of the show staff. Role also calls for a candidate to coach and mentor team members on and outside the team.
• Write and produce segments on occasion.
• Drive the show planning process.
• Collaborate across the daypart with other MSNBC Reports teams.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant working experience.
• 6 years of editorial experience in a fast-paced newsroom environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
• Experience developing producer talent.
• Ability to multi-task on a tight deadline.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Strong writing skills.
• Sound journalistic judgment.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and American history.
• Experience with field tape production -- including scripting, shooting, and producing taped pieces.
• Passion to reveal underreported stories, new angles and diverse voices.