Segment Producer - MSNBC Weekends, Cross / Capehart
MSNBCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/30/2021 1:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Segment Producer - MSNBC Weekends, Cross / Capehart jobs in New York-NY
Search all Segment Producer - MSNBC Weekends, Cross / Capehart postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Segment Producer - MSNBC Weekends, Cross / Capehart?
Full Time Job
MSNBC is looking for an experienced Segment Producer for our weekend show with Tiffany Cross and Jonathan Capehart.
• Research, report and write daily segments.
• Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
• Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
• Be in control room during airing of live segment.
• When warranted, field produce segments.
• Take part in editorial planning.
• Pitch story ideas.
• 4 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics.
• Thorough research and reporting skills.
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.