MSNBCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2021 3:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Line Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Line Producer postings
Full Time Job
Line Producer, The 11Th Hour With Brian Williams
MSNBC is looking for an experienced Line Producer for The 11th Hour with Brian Williams.
• Assist senior producers in creating daily broadcast by executing editorial vision of day.
• Serve as backup senior producer.
• Oversee daily rundown changes.
• Supervise editorial content of newscast.
• Use leadership skills to motivate, mentor and manage employees.
• Write news scripts and teases.
• Work with show director and production crew.
• Oversee all in-show graphics and story titles.
• Work with senior producer to approve (copy edit) all scripts.
• Pitch story ideas (day-of, next day, futures).
• Initiate planning process
In Control Room:
• Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and chyron.
• Preview upcoming stories and segments.
• Communicate with guests and correspondents-time cues, roll cues, thank-you's.
• Communicate with control room staff-director, teleprompter operator, chyron operator and TPM.
• Time newscast.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
• Must have at 1 year of line producing experience.
• Editorial experience in a fast-paced news room environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
• Experience in story first journalism approach.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Strong writing skills.
• Expert tease writer.