MSNBCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/13/2021 4:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Line Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Line Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Line Producer? Line Producer, MSNBC - Stephanie Ruhle Reports
MSNBC is looking for an experienced Line Producer for our 9am weekday show, Stephanie Ruhle Reports.
• Assist senior producer in creating daily broadcast by executing editorial vision of day.
• Serve as backup senior producer.
• Oversee daily rundown changes.
• Supervise editorial content of newscast.
• Use leadership skills to motivate, mentor and manage employees.
• Write news scripts and teases.
• Work with show director and production crew.
• Oversee all in-show graphics and story titles.
• Work with senior producer to approve (copy edit) all scripts.
• Pitch story ideas (day-of, next day, futures).
• Initiate planning process.
In Control Room:
• Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and chyron.
• Preview upcoming stories and segments.
• Communicate with guests and correspondents-time cues, roll cues, thank-you's.
• Communicate with control room staff-director, teleprompter operator, chyron operator and TPM.
• Time newscast.
â€¢ Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience.
â€¢ Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
â€¢ Editorial experience in a fast-paced news room environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to change.
â€¢ Experience in story-first journalism approach.
â€¢ Strong interest and knowledge of American politics, business and economics.
Additional Job Requirements:
â€¢ Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
â€¢ Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
â€¢ Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
â€¢ Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
â€¢ One year of line producing experience.
â€¢ Ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
â€¢ Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
â€¢ Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
â€¢ Strong writing skills.
â€¢ Strong organizational skills
â€¢ Expert tease writer.
â€¢ Detail-oriented and ability to exhibit grace under pressure in a breaking news environment.
â€¢ Ability to meet multiple daily deadlines.
â€¢ A team player who is a self-starter and can troubleshoot logistical issues. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.