Line Producer, Morning Joe
MSNBCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/29/2021 8:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Line Producer, Morning Joe jobs in New York-NY
Search all Line Producer, Morning Joe postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Line Producer, Morning Joe?
Full Time Job
Line Producer, Morning Joe - Short Term
MSNBC is looking for an experienced Line Producer for Morning Joe. This is a temporary position.
• Assist senior producer in creating daily broadcast by executing editorial vision of day.
• Serve as backup senior producer.
• Oversee daily rundown changes.
• Supervise editorial content of newscast.
• Write lead news scripts and teases.
• Work with segment producers on the editorial content and elements for guest segments.
• Work with show director and production crew.
• Oversee all in-show graphics and story titles.
• Work with senior producer to approve (copy edit) all scripts.
• Pitch story ideas (day-of, next day, futures).
• Initiate planning process
In Control Room:
• Preview accuracy of upcoming video, graphics and chyron.
• Preview upcoming stories and segments.
• Communicate with guests and correspondents-time cues, roll cues, thank-you's.
• Communicate with control room staff-director, teleprompter operator, chyron operator and TPM.
• Time newscast.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television
(i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
• Must have at 1 year of line producing experience.
• Editorial experience in a fast-paced news room
environment, ability to anticipate and respond quickly to
• Experience in story first journalism approach.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories
with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Strong writing skills.
• Expert tease writer.