Graphics Editor, MSNBC
MSNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
MSNBC Digital is seeking a graphics editor to create charts, maps and graphics for MSNBC.com columns, blogs and projects. This editor should be comfortable working in a multiplatform digital news organization and have experience working on small- to medium graphics. A news consumer, this editor should be passionate about making data interesting and accessible in ways that increase understanding.
* Build daily graphics to accompany opinion columns, short posts and the occasional standalone graphic.
* Collaborate with MSNBC writers and editors to refine graphics pitches for quick stories, as well as the occasional long term project.
* Present graphics that are visually compelling and innovative, while ensuring the graphics accurately represent the content they support.
* Grow visual storytelling on MSNBC.com and other platforms.
* Work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines alongside MSNBC editors.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA and is based in New York but candidates from around the country will be considered.
* Some experience with Mapbox, Leaflet, Illustrator and
* 3 years of experience designing, developing and
implementing solutions in fields that include visual
information design, and/or interactive data visualization
* Demonstrated experience using Git control.
* Experience validating design with users, ensuring weâ€™re
building intuitive experiences
* Experience building graphics for mobile devices.