MSNBCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/2/2021 8:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Engagement Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Engagement Editor postings
Full Time Job
MSNBC Digital is hiring a creative and strategic thinker to help package and distribute its opinion pieces, analyses and soon-to-launch blog offerings across search, social and NBC-owned platforms with the aim to build loyalty, grow audience and deepen engagement for MSNBC reporting.
As a member of MSNBC's social and platforms team, the engagement editor will be responsible for ensuring MSNBC's content thrives and find audiences wherever they exist across social, search and our owned platforms. They will work closely with MSNBC's lead editors and writers as they continue to shape and build MSNBC Digital.
The ideal candidate must be able to seamlessly switch between crafting compelling headlines, alerts and Facebook posts to thinking strategically about how best to distribute, package and share MSNBC articles with the goal of deeply engaging and growing our audience. The position requires an audience-focused approach and the successful candidate will have a knack for finding the hook into a piece. They'll know what makes different audiences tick, and will be able to package a story for a variety of platforms with nuance, sophistication and flare. In addition to being able to craft compelling social posts, SEO and homepage headlines, the engagement editor will be an analytics junkie who loves to dig into data and trends. The ideal candidate is a sharp writer who knows how and where to make a piece fly.
This editor will be tasked with creating and executing strategic distribution plans. They will also work on daily text output â€'' writing headlines, social posts and app alert language, as well as feeding into daily and weekly planning. They will A/B test headlines and post to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as pitch partners.
This role requires strong writing and editing skills, and is best suited for a creative thinker who can multitask and meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in remote newsroom and juggling a multitude of communication channels and the large volume of comms that come with Slack, email and Teams meetings. Excellent communication skills are a must.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA and is based in New York.
• Write and edit eye-catching copy for MSNBC social platforms, homepage, newsletters, alerts, and more.
• Post MSNBC columns and blogs to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Curate articles and blogs on MSNBC.com.
• Develop creative and original ways to promote MSNBC's journalism, with the goal of deeply engaging our readers and growing audiences.
• Work with writers and editors to engage social audiences in original ways, such as facilitating Twitter Q&As, Facebook lives and more.
• Use real-time analytics and A/B test headlines to help inform story packaging, posting and curation.
• Analyze traffic data and audience engagement; review rollout efforts and continually iterate on strategy.
• Track audience growth and reach across social platforms, in addition to on MSNBC's owned & operated sites.
• A deep knowledge of politics and culture, and a passion
for elevating important stories.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and comparable work
• An awareness of the MSNBC Daily and MSNBC's on-air
• A strong understanding of the social ecosystem and SEO
• Experience using analytics tools such as Chartbeat,
Parse.ly, Google Trends, Google Analytics, Taboola
Newsroom and Social Flow.
• Experience and comfort with working independently and
multi-tasking during high-pressure situations.
• Four or more years working in a digital newsroom. One
or more years working in social media is desirable.
• An insatiable curiosity for digital audiences and how they consume content across different platforms.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and communication