MSNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, The Beat With Ari Melber
MSNBC is looking for a Writing Associate Producer for The Beat With Ari Melber.
• Research, report and write daily segments.
• Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
• Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
• Take part in editorial planning.
• Pitch story ideas.
• Research, write and edit MSNBC's lower-third banner chyrons, the â€œfront pageâ€ of MSNBC's coverage.
• Produce other vital on-screen content for MSNBC's weekend programming.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics, American history and global news.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.
• Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure.