Associate Platforms Producer, Digital
MSNBCNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Platforms Producer, Digital jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Platforms Producer, Digital postings
Full Time Job
MSNBC is looking for an Associate Digital Platforms Producer.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
• Work on behalf of MSNBC across all platforms including linear, digital and streaming to create content that aligns with the brand identity of MSNBC.
• Collaborate with the linear shows, digital editors and MSNBC leadership on editorial vision.
• Assist in the production and editing of compelling video and text content across platforms.
• Curate MSNBC platforms with a lively mix of content and distribute that content across partner platforms includes Apple News, SmartNews and Flipboard.
• Pitching story ideas (day-of, next day, futures).
• A/B test headlines and story packaging on MSNBC.com.
• Monitor analytics to inform programming decisions.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 2 years production or editorial experience.
• Proficient editing with Avid or Wild Moka.
• Ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.
• Must be able to translate stories from one medium or platform to another; e.g. know what text or video stories will work on Instagram or YouTube.
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy and history.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Experience working in social media editorial or publishing, with a knowledge of what works and doesn't for different platforms.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• This role works a weekend shift covering afternoons and evenings, either Wed-Sun or Fri-Tuesday.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $65,000-$75,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.