Associate Booking Producer
MSNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Booking Producer, The Last Word With Lawrence O'donnell
MSNBC is looking for an Associate Booking Producer for The Last Word With Lawrence O'Donnell. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated candidate looking to enter the booking field. Prior booking experience is helpful but not essential for this entry-level role.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
Book wide variety of national and international newsmakers, experts, and guests from various fields including politics, foreign relations, business/economy, health/medicine, entertainment, etc.
Conduct pre-interviews, help secure facilities and crews for remote interviews and arrange transportation for guests. Assist in overall management of logistics and travel for guests.
Assist in coordinating guest arrivals and communicate with control room and studio.
Arrange phone interviews for broadcasts during live, breaking news coverage
Enterprise, conceptualize and pitch story ideas.
Assist in researching story and guest ideas for interview segments. Help with research on social media, coordinate with our digital producer in promoting guest segments.
Assist in maintaining calendar of guests and future editorial planning.
• Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 1- 3 years of experience in live television.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Sound journalistic judgment and strong writing skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Strong knowledge of social media.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, able to work under pressure, meet multiple daily deadlines and juggle several tasks at once.
• Knowledge of Lexis/Nexis, Accurint preferred.