Anchor Production Assistant
MSNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Anchor Production Assistant, MSNBC The Beat With Ari Melber
MSNBC is looking for an exceptional Production Assistant to join one of the primetime shows The Beat with Ari Melber.
This position is staff with end date for 6 months.
• Assist in compiling research for anchor, maintaining on-air updates during live program
• Gather information on breaking news stories for anchors to relay on air
• Print scripts for anchors and build updates
• Provide daily support by managing calendars, appearance and schedule
• Schedule and book travel and meetings
• Organize and schedule meeting and interviews
• Maintain and process expense reports
• Respond to correspondences
• Order and coordinate all graphic elements for air when needed
• Oversee the airing of all graphic elements in control room during live program when needed
• Work closely with producers to research, select and locate required footage for broadcast
• At least one year of news production experience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or must undergo regular
COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job
position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Excellent knowledge of politics, history and current events.
• Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Knowledge of Avid/Interplay and iNews preferred.