Anchor Production Assistant
Full Time Job
Anchor Production Assistant, MSNBC Dayside With Hallie Jackson
MSNBC is looking for an Anchor Production Assistant for their Dayside show with Hallie Jackson.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
This position is staff with end date for 6 months.
• Assist in compiling research for anchor, maintaining on-air updates during live program
• Gather information on breaking news stories for anchors to relay on air
• Create, clip, and post social media updates before, during, and after the show
• Print scripts for anchors and build updates
• Provide daily support by managing calendars, appearance and schedule
• Schedule and book travel and meetings
• Organize and schedule meeting and interviews
• Maintain and process expense reports
• Respond to correspondences
• Order and coordinate all graphic elements for air when needed
• Oversee the airing of all graphic elements in control room during live program when needed
• Work closely with producers to research, select and locate required footage for broadcast
• At least one year of news production experience.
• Bachelor's degree.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through
www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Excellent knowledge of politics, history and current events.
• Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Experience in creating and posting social media on various
• Knowledge of Avid/Interplay and iNews preferred.