MSG EntertainmentNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/2/2023 4:25:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Production Coordinator jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Production Coordinator - NYI & NJD
Who are we hiring?
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented production
coordinator to join our Production Management team for the New York Islanders and New
Jersey Devils. The Production Coordinator will play a crucial role in travel coordination for
Talent and production staff including air and ground transportation, budget management and
tracking for two NHL teams, weekly payroll submission and tracking including per diem
payments for our talent and production staff. This individual will be pivotal in ensuring
seamless operations and efficient execution of production-related activities for these NHL
What will you do?
• Coordinate all travel arrangements for the New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils
production teams, including flights, accommodations, transportation, and logistics.
• Assist in managing budgetary requirements for both teams' production activities,
including tracking expenses, monitoring costs, and collaborating with finance
• Review, approve, and reconcile per diem, payroll, and expense reports for team
members, ensuring adherence to company policies and budget guidelines.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including producers, directors, technicians,
and other stakeholders, to ensure the smooth execution of production projects.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of production-related expenses, invoices,
and financial transactions.
• Provide administrative support, including scheduling meetings, preparing documents,
and handling correspondence, to aid the efficient functioning of production activities.
• Contribute to the development and improvement of processes and workflows related
to travel coordination, budget management, and expense reporting.
• Manage DGA Union production staff travel while have a firm understanding of and
adhering to CBA rules.
• Create and update Excel or Airtable spreadsheets outlining all travel preferences
including hotels, airlines, ground transportations, etc. for both production personnel
and talent to share with World Travel for effective booking processes.
• Maintain excellent communication with Team travel coordinators to ensure seamless
scheduling of all trips.
• Have a working knowledge of crew for both DGA and IATSE Local 100 unions.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills by prioritizing tasks and effectively
handling multiple projects simultaneously.
• Maintain flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings, weekends, and
holidays as required.
• Participate in production management meetings and provide regular updates to the
Production Manager and relevant members of the Operations team.
What do you need to succeed?
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
• Three to Five years of professional production experience, preferably in the sports or
• Solid understanding of the NHL and the sport of hockey, including knowledge of teams, players, and key industry dynamics.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial record-keeping and expense
• Understand Collective Bargaining Agreements and how the rules set forth within are
• Must understand the operational workflow within a live control room and mobile unit
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills, capable of working collaboratively
with diverse teams.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating strong problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for travel coordination, and budget
• Must be flexible with work hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficiency with SharePoint, AirTable, and WorkForce scheduling software or similar