Mousetrappe, Inc.Burbank, CA
Mousetrappe is currently in search of a freelance Matte Painter who will be responsible for painting mattes that are of the animated, cartoon, and painterly style. Candidate must be comfortable with a stylized aesthetic, outside of photo real mattes. Candidate must also have a sound knowledge and understanding of animation pipelines, production and implementation, as well as the ability to work well in a team. This is a full-time freelance position that will run from approximately February - March 2019.
- Creating digital paintings of painterly, cartoon environments
- Interpret concept art and reference imagery
- Based on direction, create original hand painted elements to use for scenes
- Create, maintain, and organize digital assets
- Follow design guidelines with strong attention to detail
- Deliver finished paintings in a timely manner under tight deadlines
- Collaborate and work diligently with the broader Art Department team
- Expert working knowledge of Photoshop.
- 2-5 years experience of VFX or Animation production. Must have samples of hand-illustrated elements, not just photo-bash environment paintings.
- Experience creating digital paintings of cartoony and stylized aesthetics.
- Possess a strong understanding of light, color and perspective.
- Possess excellent artistic communication skills, as well as an excellent eye for detail.
- Flexibility to produce concept art from scratch is a plus.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of visual effects and animation pipelines, production and implementation, as well as the ability to work well in a team.
- A good working knowledge of 2D and 3D workflows within a feature film environment.
- Experience working in a non-traditional format medium is a plus!
- MUST be local to Los Angeles, No remote or relocation possibility.