Sr Manager of Audit, Collections & Contract Review
Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health PlansStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (MPI) has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Manager of Audit, Collections & Contract Review to join our team. This individual will oversee our teams that audit the payroll hours submitted by entertainment industry employers, review employer contracts, and related activities. The ideal candidate will have worked in accounting/audit/payroll in the entertainment industry, managed large teams (ideally in a union environment), and has experience with Taft-Hartley Plans.
For consideration, qualified candidates only, submit a letter of interest with resume and salary requirements.
* 5 years' experience in the entertainment industry with a focus on audit, contracts, or payroll
* 5+ years' experience as a Manager overseeing a staff of 20+ employees
* Experience with entertainment payroll houses
* Experience presenting to senior leadership and/or Board of Directors
* Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
* Labor relations experience is a plus
* Ability to travel within the greater Los Angeles area
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
* Ability to work extended hours as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversee Audit & Collections, Employer Contracts, and Contribution Processing Departments; including the development and performance management of a large employee team and making recommendations to improve processes as needed
* Work with Director and subordinates to draft operating procedures for newly implemented systems
* Partner with Director to establish metrics and creation of reports
* Prepare materials for the Board of Directors and Benefits Appeals Committee
* Schedule meetings with external parties relating to audits and reporting issues
* Interact with payroll houses and employer representatives to resolve outstanding issues
Local candidates only, relocation assistance is not provided.
MPI does not file visa petitions or sponsor applicants for work visas in this job classification.
Submissions will be reviewed; only candidates most closely matching the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Located in Studio City, CA, the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plans (MPI) are multi-employer trust funds established by collective bargaining agreements between various employers and over 30 Unions and Guilds representing employees in the motion picture industry.
Recognized as an Employer of Choice for its employee-focused work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, MPI is a recipient of the World at Work Seal of Distinction.
MPI offers free employee health, dental, vision and life insurance ($50/month for family coverage), retirement and pension, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online