Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health PlansLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
MPI has an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant in our Finance department. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the completion and analysis of detailed financial data and reporting of the organization. This position reports to the Controller.
All candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements.
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting, MBA a plus
* CPA is highly desirable
* Minimum 5 years of current Accounting/Finance experience preferred
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and intermediate proficiency in Word
* Possess strong ability to develop financial and statistical data presentations in multiple formats/styles
* Experience with accounting software, familiarity with Management Reporter a plus
* Must have clear and effective oral and written communication skills, and ability to correspond directly with senior management and board members
* Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment and meet numerous reporting deadlines, with excellent time management skills
* Trust fund accounting & trust statement experience preferred. Health plan and/or pension plan experience a plus
* Excellent attention to detail
* Experience managing and processing confidential information and the ability to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to work overtime/extended hours as needed
Your responsibilities would include:
* Perform routine to complex accounting functions, following appropriate procedures for accurate and timely preparation
* Create, develop, and maintain executive dashboard, displaying key performance indicators
* Assess methods for collecting data and improving the value and structure of metrics and reporting
* Manipulate and integrate data from several sources to design comprehensive reports
* Responsible for special reports and analysis involving financial data
* Actively participate in the annual Plan Office budgeting process
* Prepares schedules and related items during the annual outside audit
* Assist in month-end closings and financial statement preparation
* Responsible for general Ledger account analysis and research
Submissions will be reviewed; only candidates most closely matching the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Local candidates only, relocation assistance is not provided.
MPI does not file visa petitions or sponsor applicants for work visas in this job classification.
Located in Studio City, CA, the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plans (MPI) are multi-employer trust funds established by collective bargaining agreements between various employers and over 30 Unions and Guilds representing employees in the motion picture industry.
Recognized as an Employer of Choice for its employee-focused work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, MPI is a recipient of the World at Work Seal of Distinction.
MPI offers free employee health, dental, vision and life insurance ($50/month for family coverage), retirement and pension, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online