Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health PlansLos Angeles, C
Full Time Job
Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (MPI) has an opening for a Payroll Specialist / Staff Accountant that will be responsible for assisting the Senior Payroll Specialist in all aspects of payroll and with detailed financial analysis and reporting of the Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans.
For consideration, qualified candidates only, submit a letter of interest with resume.
* Payroll experience of 3-4 years preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance/Business and/or equivalent experience required. CPA and/or MBA a plus
* Experience with Ceridian Payroll service a plus
* Minimum 3-5 years of current Accounting/Finance experience preferred
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and intermediate proficiency in Word
* Experience with accounting software. Familiarity with FRx a plus
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment and meet numerous reporting deadlines, with excellent time management skills
* Trust fund accounting & trust statement experience preferred. Health plan and/or pension plan experience a plus
* Familiarity with Union contracts, their provisions and the execution thereof is a plus
* Excellent attendance and reliability, with the ability to work overtime/extended hours as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist in the management of the entire Payroll function from start to finish
* Provide payroll information to department managers as necessary
* Assist accounting department in preparation of annual budget, and other special projects, as assigned
* Assist with timely deposits of federal & state income tax withholdings for Pension and IAP plans and 945
* Assist in tracking 401(k) deductions and makes corresponding transmissions of information as well as reconciliation of transfer of withheld funds to 401(k) plan administrator
* Assist in the liaison with payroll provider, Ceridian, on all aspects of their service and support
* Assist in the reconciliation of year-end wage and tax statement, including W-2 and 941
* Assist in the various insurance policy information including worker's comp, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits
* Assist in the creation, development and maintenance of dashboard, displaying key performance indicators
* Assist in the preparation of schedules and related items during the Plans' annual outside audit
* Assist in month-end closings and financial statement preparation
Local candidates only, relocation assistance is not provided.
MPI does not file visa petitions or sponsor applicants for work visas in this job classification.
Submissions will be reviewed; only candidates most closely matching the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Located in Studio City, CA, the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plans (MPI) are multi-employer trust funds established by collective bargaining agreements between various employers and over 30 Unions and Guilds representing employees in the motion picture industry.
Recognized as an Employer of Choice for its employee-focused work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, MPI is a recipient of the World at Work Seal of Distinction.
MPI offers free employee health, dental, vision and life insurance ($50/month for family coverage), retirement and pension, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online