Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health PlansLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (MPI) is seeking a temporary Payroll Auditor responsible for conducting payroll audits to ensure employers are in compliance with various Collective Bargaining and Trust Fund Agreements. This position incorporates accounting, investigation, and data management skills to help determine benefits eligibility for our participants who work ''behind the scenes'' in the motion picture industry.
For consideration, qualified candidates only, submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and resume.
* BA or BS degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
* 2+ years' experience in auditing, accounting, bookkeeping and/or payroll.
* Production accounting experience is a plus.
* Strong PC skills including Windows, Word, and Excel required.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Excellent DMV record.
* Ability to do occasional travel within the Los Angeles area.
* Ability to work overtime/extended hours as needed.
Your responsibilities would include:
* Conduct onsite and occasional offsite inspections of employer accounting records using a prescribed number of due diligence tests defined within our audit program
* Verify compensation to support reported fringe benefit contributions of employees performing collective bargaining work in the film, television and commercial production industry
* Identify and document reporting errors (audit findings) after comparing reported contributions to the actual fringe benefit contributions due, including identifying instances of inaccurate, or non-substantiated contributions and non-qualified employers
* Conduct discussions with employer representatives to review the audit process and evaluate availability of employer records including subsequent meetings to discuss the audit findings
* Inspection of submitted participant records, plus review of employer exceptions to published audit findings
Local candidates only, relocation assistance is not provided.
MPI does not file visa petitions or sponsor applicants for work visas in this job classification.
Submissions will be reviewed; only candidates most closely matching the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Located in Studio City, CA, the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plans (MPI) are multi-employer trust funds established by collective bargaining agreements between various employers and over 30 Unions and Guilds representing employees in the motion picture industry.
Recognized as an Employer of Choice for its employee-focused work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, MPI is a recipient of the World at Work Seal of Distinction.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online