Business Intelligence Manager
Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health PlansStudio City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Business Intelligence Manager jobs in Studio City-CA
Search all Business Intelligence Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Intelligence Manager? The Business Intelligence Manager designs and implements systems to collect, process, manage and analyze key health and retirement data for insights that support administrative and executive decision making and strategic planning. This position will collaborate with business users and business leaders to define, conceptualize, design, develop and coordinate all reporting and analytics efforts within MPIPHP to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates should submit a resume, letter of interest and salary requirements.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5+ years of experience leading development and/or data analytics projects with strong knowledge of building and
presenting reports and dashboards
• 4+ years' experience using BI tools (i.e. Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik, PowerBI, etc.) to create interactive data visualizations and reports
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze technical data with regard to health and retirement benefits
• Advanced SQL writing using data warehousing, star schema, data matts, master data, Tableau development, and Alteryx workflow
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw
• Exposure to ETL tools such as SSIS, Alteryx and Informatica
• Experience with SDLC methodologies
• Excellent ability to elicit, gather, manage, and translate requirements into reports, views, and BI query objects
• Self-motivated with ability to manage multiple priorities
• Work closely with business and IT leaders
• Strong business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills and business acumen
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Possess advanced proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint Previous experience in healthcare, insurance and/or pension plan
administration strongly preferred
• Ability to organize thoughts and present information in an informative, relevant and concise manner to internal and external
Your Responsibilities would include:
• Oversees the collection and processing of Bl data, analyzes and presents key financial, demographic, health and retirement
information for operational and administrative support and executive decision making
• Thorough understanding of enterprise data warehouse, data mart and data analytics
• Design and build internal and external customer-facing reports using Power Bl and/or Tableau
• Collaborate with stakeholders to identify the data elements in each report, construct the necessary queries and data models, and
assemble the front-end of each report
• Use creativity to visualize and format data/output in new and interesting ways that are geared towards quickly uncovering key
• Assist with the ongoing transition of existing reports from SSRS to Power Bl or Tableau, including identification of opportunities to
streamline, refactor, redesign, and consolidate reports
• Create/maintain documentation associated with reports and analytics, consisting of data sources, sample data, fields, calculated
measures, filters, parameters, and/or business logic used in each module
• Works closely with department heads, business partners and vendors, consultants and executives to determine analytic
• Translates large, complex data sets into polished and understandable, visualization formats
• Creates, develops and maintains executive dashboards displaying key performance indicators
• Manipulates and integrates data from several sources to design comprehensive reports
• Statistically summarizes key financial, demographic, health and retirement information
• Creates effective visualizations of the summarized data using modern predictive analytic and machine learning techniques
• Understands pension and health data and takes initiative on presenting information in an accurate and meaningful way for various
audiences, including business partners/consultants, executive management and the Board of Directors
Local candidates only, relocation assistance is not provided.
Submissions will be reviewed; only candidates most closely matching the requirements of the position will be contacted.
MPI does not file visa petitions or sponsor applicants for work visas in this job classification.
Located in Studio City, CA, the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plans (MPI) are multi-employer trust funds established by collective bargaining agreements between various employers and over 30 Unions and Guilds representing employees in the motion picture industry.
Recognized as an Employer of Choice for its employee-focused work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, MPI is a recipient of the World at Work Seal of Distinction.
MPI offers free employee health, dental, vision and life insurance ($50/month for family coverage), retirement and pension, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer