Board of Directors & Legal Assistant
Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health PlansLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans is seeking a Board/Legal Assistant who will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Board of Directors and assisting with the preparation of required company communication.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest with salary requirements and resume.
* Bachelor's degree in English or equivalent work experience; Paralegal certificate a plus
* Minimum 5 years' experience in legal admin/secretarial role, or other relevant experience
* Ability to take accurate and thorough minutes at Board meetings
* Outstanding grammar, spelling, and punctuation a must
* Clear, articulate verbal communication skills with a professional and courteous telephone manner
* Ability to interact with senior leadership and the Board of Directors
* Ability to perform duties using the highest level of confidentiality discretion, and respect
* Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Accurate typing skills of 45 wpm and 10-key by touch
Your Responsibilities would include:
* Assist with the coordination of Board meetings such as preparing and gathering necessary materials as needed
* Distribute related meeting agendas and materials
* Take minutes of required meetings and distribute summaries to senior leadership
* Serve as liaison with the Board of Directors as requested
* Assist with the preparation of other required communications, including newsletters, email blasts, and presentations as needed
Local candidates only, relocation assistance is not provided.
MPI does not file visa petitions or sponsor applicants for work visas in this job classification.
Submissions will be reviewed; only candidates most closely matching the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Located in Studio City, CA, the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plans (MPI) are multi-employer trust funds established by collective bargaining agreements between various employers and over 30 Unions and Guilds representing employees in the motion picture industry.
Recognized as an Employer of Choice for its employee-focused work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, MPI is a recipient of the World at Work Seal of Distinction.
MPI offers free employee health, dental, vision and life insurance ($50/month for family coverage), retirement and pension, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online