Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health PlansStudio City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Administrative Assistant jobs in Studio City-CA
Search all Administrative Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Administrative Assistant? The Benefits Recovery Department (BRD) Administrative Assistant will be responsible for pursuing and collecting overpaid and non-covered benefits due to MPI.
• High school diploma or GED
• 1-3 years' experience working with Workers' Compensation case filing and reimbursement preferred.
• California Workers' Compensation Claims Administration (WCCA), Paralegal Certificate, or Bachelor's degree in
Accounting/Paralegal Studies a plus
• Proficiency in PC skills including MS Word, Outlook, and basic Excel
• Knowledge of the Workers' Compensation process, regulations and compliance guidelines is a plus
• Previous experience with documents and filing with the Workers' Compensation Board strongly preferred
• Experience with EAMS, EDEX E-filing documents, drafting Proof of Services and Declarations is preferred
• Previous Healthcare/Insurance experience is strongly preferred
• Knowledge of medical terminology is strongly preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills; comprehensive problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail with high level of accuracy
• Excellent attendance and reliability, with the ability to work overtime/extended hours as required
• Ability to accept direction and developmental guidance from supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Intake related Workers' Compensation correspondence and calls
• Recommend and assist with the creation of workflow, systems and operational changes to meet team goals
• Prepare collection letters and pursue benefits paid and interest where applicable
• Post payments, settlements, write-offs and legal referrals in Collection and Billing system
• Handle disputes and discuss resolution with external parties
• Handle revision of reports and letters
• Prepare memos for files that require action
• Monitor the Collections and Billing system on a daily basis to ensure the proper posting of payments/refunds/documents and timely
follow up required for case inventory
• Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulation
• Demonstrate commitment to the company's core values
• Perform additional duties as assigned
Local candidates only, relocation assistance is not provided.
Submissions will be reviewed; only candidates most closely matching the requirements of the position will be contacted.
MPI does not file visa petitions or sponsor applicants for work visas in this job classification.
Located in Studio City, CA, the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plans (MPI) are multi-employer trust funds established by collective bargaining agreements between various employers and over 30 Unions and Guilds representing employees in the motion picture industry.
Recognized as an Employer of Choice for its employee-focused work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, MPI is a recipient of the World at Work Seal of Distinction.
MPI offers free employee health, dental, vision and life insurance ($50/month for family coverage), retirement and pension, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer