Mortimer Public RelationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Full-time (35-40 Hours Per Week with Opportunity for Additional Hours)
Mortimer Public Relations, a boutique PR Agency specializing in publicity for Filmmakers (Directors, Writers, Producers, Production Companies, etc.) seeks a Full-Time Publicity Assistant to start immediately.
This position will report directly to the Agency owner and offers a unique growth opportunity for a reliable, dedicated, and self-motivated individual at an agency catering to A-List film and TV creatives.
The PR Assistant will work approximately 35-40 hours per week during office hours (M-F between 9am - 6pm) and must be available for occasional work outside these hours as required. This may include last-minute work for a couple of hours in the evening or on the weekend, attending a screening, or checking an email before going to bed.
Candidate must be passionate about learning Film/TV Publicity/Communications. Position will be located in our offices in the Miracle Mile area. (Parking will be provided)
**NOTE: Please be sure you meet the specified qualifications below before submitting your resume. Some previous PR experience is required in either an agency or studio/network setting (internships okay).
• Maintain office organization and other administrative duties as needed, which may include answering phones, delivering materials to clients, running work errands, ordering supplies, overseeing maintenance, etc.
• Assist with scheduling and long-range planning for PR clients/company, and research potential new clients
• Maintain on-going calendar of client events
• Assist company owner with media research and general office support
• Create client status reports and press clippings file
• Maintain up-to-date media contact lists
• Assist with booking domestic and international travel
• Assist with posting client news to social media feeds (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
• Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends to cover PR events as needed (screenings, red carpets, photo shoots, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications preferred, or equivalent work experience
• Experience in a PR agency or studio/network/entertainment company preferred (intern experience okay) and familiarity with entertainment industry practices/procedures
• Demonstrated administrative experience, and experience in an agency environment
• Ability to work quickly, autonomously, and within strict deadlines while maintaining professional composure
• Ability to work unexpected overtime is required
• Must be organized and extremely detail-oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to interact in a professional manner with clients, vendors, and studio personnel
• Good phone etiquette and outstanding written communication abilities
• Familiarity with posting to social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information discretely and with diplomacy
(will be required to sign Non-Disclosure Agreement and subject to background check)
• Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and internet software (Apple-based platforms)
• Valid Driver's License is a must
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online