Director, Financial League Reporting
Monumental Sports and EntertianmentArlington, VA
Full Time Job
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Director, Financial League Reporting will be responsible for handling all NBA, WNBA, G-league, and NBA 2K reporting.
Do you have accounting experience and are looking to grow your career in finance? We would love to hear from you!
• The primary responsibility of this position is to respond to all NBA league requests for the Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, Capital City Go-Go, and Wizards District Gaming. This would include all BRI, CFS, and game-related reporting.
• This position will also assist the Sr. Director with the day-to-day operations of the basketball accounting group.
• Reconciles and analyzes various general ledger accounts to assist towards financial statement closings for all of the basketball teams.
• Assist with annual audit preparation and process during fieldwork.
• Perform ad hoc analysis as the need arises.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Advanced degree in accounting preferred.
• CPA, CMA or Big 4 experience preferred.
• Detail-driven and a dedicated problem solver.
• Proficiency with MS Excel.
• Ability to multi-task and manage business relationships in a professional and confidential manner.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, while also completing tasks independently.
• Ability to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines and succeed in a fast-paced environment.