Vice President, Media Partnership Sales
Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League's Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
The primary responsibility of the VP, Media Partnership Sales is to generate significant incremental sponsorship revenue in order to achieve sales goals for Monumental Sports & Entertainment's media properties including: Monumental Sports Network (MSN), Capitals & Wizards Gameday Radio & Digital Radio Broadcasts, Spots Betting linear & OTT Broadcasts, NBCSW, & OOH.
If you are an experienced sponsorship sales executive with a passion for growing brand awareness and you love sports we would love to hear from you!
• Actively secure new sponsorship revenue by means of heavy prospecting & closing engaging partnerships with focus towards Monumental's media platforms.
• Lead contact with Monumental's Regional Sports Network NBCSW to ensure collaboration of sales efforts with goal of maximizing revenue across platforms.
• Significant level of daily cold calling targeting national & regional media advertisers.
• Offer prospective partners a wide array of both traditional media assets & emerging platforms.
• Develop creative positioning within Monumental's Sports Betting Show to introduce & secure advertisers to a growing category and lucrative audience.
• Work with Media Strategist to devise sellable platforms to maximize offering and increase viability of media solutions.
• Work with Partnership Marketing Group to ensure accounts are being efficiently serviced by coordinating the implementation of partnership packages.
• Identify and engage advertisers in emerging categories to grow pool of targeted prospects.
• Utilize Monumental Properties as a tool to actively network & host prospective buyers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 5 years of media & digital sales experience.
• Experience selling Sports properties a plus.
• You should be a strategic problem solver.
• Ability develop and maintain corporate relationships, with senior level managers and clients.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Flexible schedule - available to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.