Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
Full Time Job
In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
This Staff Accountant position will be responsible for assisting with various accounting and finance needs related to the MSE Basketball teams including the Wizards, Mystics, and Go-Go.
Do you have previous accounting or finance experience, strong communication skills, and are detail driven? We would love to hear from you!
• Produce daily cash reports, journal entries and support monthly financial statement preparation.
• Prepare game reports and assist with preparation of various league reporting.
• Reconcile Archtics ticketing system and accounting system for each team.
• Assist with monthly account analysis, annual budget, budget re-forecast and playoff budget.
• Maintain fixed assets, including recording additions and calculating depreciation.
• Support special projects and reports for department as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance.
• 1 year accounting/finance experience.
• Excellent time management skills, able to balance and prioritize workload.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong attention to detail and very organized.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel.
• Knowledge of accounting software applications, specifically Great Plains and Archtics is helpful.
• Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.