Special Police Officer
Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
Part Time Job
Special Police Officer (Part-Time)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League's Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook with William Hill at Capital One Arena and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company.
As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The part-time Special Police Officer (SPO) position is responsible to ensure a safe and secure environment at the Capital One Arena and MedStar Wizards Performance Center for both patrons and employees by patrolling assigned areas and monitoring activities.
Are you an experienced security or law enforcement officer who is hardworking and passionate about safety and security? We would love to hear from you!
• The Security department operates on a 24/7 365-day basis and all security officers are considered essential personnel.
• Greet all visitors, vendors, and employees, while continuously maintaining the standards of excellence in presentation and professionalism.
• Interact in a professional manner with every department within MSE.
• Ensure employees and patrons are safe at all times, including preventing theft, protection of personal property, preventing assaults, and enforcing the fan code of conduct.
• Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
• Lock and unlock entrance doors and all exterior doors, ensuring that all locks and chains are secured, and panic bars locked down as needed.
• Prevent unauthorized personnel from entering restricted areas, answer alarms, and investigate disturbances.
• Detain individuals based on probable cause for an offense committed in his or her presence.
• Support building evacuation procedures including notifying occupants of evacuation, providing instructions, and evacuating persons with disabilities.
• Inspect and adjust security systems and safety equipment to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
• Complete reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Work collaboratively with local and federal law enforcement agencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree, or equivalent experience; 2 years of security, law enforcement, or military experience may be substituted for education.
• Acquire and maintain an active DC Special Police Officer License issued by Metropolitan Police Department, Security Office Management Branch within 14 days of hire.
• Successfully complete an 80-hour SPO training course.
• Acquire and maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications.
• Comfortable working in a variety of environments and conditions including around loud noises, strobe lights, heat, cold, rain, wind, and dust.
• Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
• Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
• Availability to work 25-30 hours per week and for on-call assignments as needed.
• Availability to work sixty percent (60%) of scheduled events each month.
• Flexibility to work weekends (Friday-Sunday), for forty (40) percent of total availability each month.