Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
Full Time Job
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Senior Accountant position is responsible for balancing accounts, supporting month-end close, preparing reports of financial statements and providing overall accounting support to the Arena Finance Department.
Do you have previous accounting and finance experience, strong communication skills, and are detail driven? We would love to hear from you!
• Assist with posting journal entries including revenue recognition and expense accruals, utilizing Great Plains software.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
• Support in the preparation and submission of NBA League Reporting.
• Participate in year-end financial statement audit.
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions, financial reporting, and accurate revenue recognition.
• Perform ad hoc analysis as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors' Degree in Accounting.
• 3 years of previous accounting and/or finance experience.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
• Advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in handling confidential information.
• Excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail.
• Dedicated, hard-working, and dependable.
• Strong organizational skills and great attention to detail, able to effectively balance and prioritize workload.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.