Paid Intern - Suite Sales & Service
Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
Part Time Paid Internship
INTERNSHIP (Seasonal 2022-23): Suite Sales & Service
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Suites Department at Capital One Arena, which handles all the client services and operations for 114 Executive Suites and the members-only Player's Club, is seeking a Client Service and Hospitality Intern for the 2022-23 NBA/NHL season to assist in providing the highest level of premium experience. This is a paid internship.
• Coordinate and execute all special events, including communicating with arena vendors and suites clients.
• Assist in coordination and communication with in-arena suite client activations.
• Manage departmental requests for the Ambassador program with special Wizards and Capitals Alumni and sharing pictures from client interaction.
• Management of client communications via email, LinkedIn, and other various platforms.
• Learn the functions of our CRM database Salesforce and assisting with the Capital One Arena suite rental process.
• Working with the Suite Services team to craft and host special events for our suite clients.
• Distribution of autographed items and other client gifts, assist in tracking gift and merchandise inventory.
• Learn various functions of TicketMaster Archtics software.
• Assist with general office duties and special suite related stadium projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
• Professional with effective and efficient communication skills.
• Previous experience or course work in hospitality or sports marketing.
• Highly organized and detail driven with the able to multi-task.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
• Flexibility to work all special events taking place on evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Reliable transportation and housing.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.