Intern - Editor
Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 3/9/2023 3:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Editor jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Editor postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
INTERNSHIP (Summer 2023): Editor
In September 2022, MSE acquired full ownership of NBC Sports Washington from Comcast and NBCUniversal and now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals' and Wizards' games. The integration is underway including extensive renovations to a new, pioneering production and broadcasting space to deliver seamless experiences on linear and digital platforms for fans. Under the terms of the agreement, MSE also acquired Comcast and NBCUniversal's remaining interest in Monumental Sports Network, a first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile and over-the-top platforms that launched in 2016.
Monumental Sports owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA), a 20,000 capacity live event venue in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus.
In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in Entertainment & Sports Arena (ESA), in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth's East campus which opened in September 2018. ESA houses the MedStar Health Performance Center, the training center for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the home of the Mystics and Go-Go.
In July 2020, MSE opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, through a partnership with then William Hill (now Caesars Entertainment), with a temporary location set-up within the COA lobby. The permanent location for the Caesars Sportsbook by William Hill opened within COA in May 2021.
And in January 2022, MSE announced it would be opening District E, powered by Ticketmaster, in the first quarter of 2023. This flagship venue for esports and entertainment is the largest on the East Coast: a premier, nearly 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offering a 365-day-a-year, series of immersive experiences in esports, music, event programming, and community events – along with pre- and post-event activations for fans attending Capitals and Wizards games or events. This space will entertain hundreds for independent events, offer an extraordinary culinary experience, and will create a best-in-class competition and training venue for the MSE esports franchises which it owns, operates, and invests in.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Editing Intern is responsible for storytelling through creative producing, shooting, and editing. This position will function primarily as an editor to cover live games, long-form, and short-form creative content focused on MSE's athletes and teams.
Are you creative and passionate about producing exciting content? So are we! We'd love to hear from you!
• Tell visual stories through creative editing and producing.
• Sync and log footage in Premiere Pro.
• Generate story string-outs, scene cutdowns, and digital clips for documentary, news, studio, live/as-live, social & digital productions.
• Assign metadata to gameplay highlights in CatDV.
• Gather supporting elements to help Post-Production staff in their storytelling.
• Edit complete packages under direction of post-production staff.
• Learn from MSE's Senior Editors, Editors and Media Manager.
• Coordinate with Post-Production staff to complete projects in a timely manner.
• Propose new ways to harness social media through video.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current undergraduate or graduate student.
• 1 years experience in editing, shooting and/or production.
• Working experience with Adobe Creative Suite and industry-standard camera equipment.
• Ability to work independently and alongside others in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of CatDV a plus.
• Reliable transportation and housing.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.