Game Night Staff - Usher
Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
Part Time Job
Game Night Staff - Usher (Part-Time)
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Usher Game Night Staff position is responsible for the safety and comfort of all guests visiting Capital One Arena. This position will focus on providing high levels of customer service to guests to ensure they have the best experience possible.
Are you outgoing, have strong communication skills, enjoy working on a team, and are passionate about providing excellent customer service? We would love to hear from you!
• Greet guests in a professional manner and provide building/arena information as needed.
• Check seating area for broken seats, trash, spills and lost items before event doors open and again at the conclusion of an event. Communicating any issues to be resolved.
• Support team Supervisor with resolving guest seating issues and relocations.
• Ensure that guests are in their ticketed area and keeps all aisles, portals and walkways clear.
• Perform access control by permitting only authorized personnel to enter restricted building areas.
• Notice and efficiently resolve guest concerns.
• Respond accordingly to guest illness or injury and assist with implementing emergency procedures and completing incident reports.
• Actively monitor assigned sections to enforce building rules and ensure safety concerns to ensure a positive experience for all guests.
• Take proactive steps to anticipate guest's needs and prevent potential issues from intensifying.
• Become familiar with guest policies, the facility, and departments.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Direct or, if applicable, escorts guests to their seats.
• Implement stop in play rules during home games.
• Enforce building rules including the no smoking policy.
• Resolve issues as they arise, escalating to a Supervisor and/or security as needed.
• Flexibility to step into various positions depending on event and scheduling needs.
• Assist with moving furniture including tables, chairs, stanchions, podiums and signage.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma with 6 months of related experience.
• Availability to work 70% of the scheduled events in each month.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to quickly and safely navigate throughout the building using stairs, elevators and escalators.
• Availability to work full shifts (4-6 hours average).
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Actively listen and communicate with guests, vendors and staff, while responding to calls.
• Requires prolonged standing, sitting, walking and stair climbing to access full range of facility.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds unassisted.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.