Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2023 8:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Finance Assistant jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Finance Assistant postings
Part Time Job
Finance Assistant (Part-Time)
In September 2022, MSE acquired the regional sports network, then-called NBC Sports Washington and newly rebranded as Monumental Sports Network. Monumental Sports Network now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals', Wizards', and Mystics' games. The network is both a linear channel and a digital operation. Prior to acquiring the linear platform, the digital platform was launched by MSE in 2016, as the first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile, and streaming platforms. Those linear and digital platforms are now combined and join Caps Radio, Wizards Radio, MSE Outdoor and Monumental Productions for a full suite of six media enterprises.
In addition to Capital One Arena – a venue which hosts 3M visitors across over 250 events annually, MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex (training facility for the Capitals), MedStar Health Performance Center (training facility for the Wizards, Mystics, and Go-Go) and EagleBank Arena (a 12,000 live event venue on George Mason University's campus).
In July 2020, MSE partnered with William Hill (subsequently acquired by Caesars Entertainment) to open the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, now called Caesars Sportsbook. The space now also boasts a destination culinary experience, Guy Fieri's DC Kitchen Bar.
MSE opened ''District E powered by Ticketmaster'' in the spring of 2023, a flagship esports and entertainment venue. This 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offers a 365-day-a-year series of immersive experiences in esports, music, culinary excellence, event programming, and community events.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies, and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Finance Assistant, Global Partnerships will primarily be responsible for accurately tracking and reporting Global Partnerships revenue through contract and inventory management tools. This role also functions as an effective liaison between the Global Partnerships and Finance teams and will report directly to the Sr. Financial Analyst.
Are you a motivated finance professional looking to positively contribute to a team? We'd love to hear from you!
• Accurately input relevant financial and asset fulfillment information into KORE contract management software and update as needed.
• Maintain a comprehensive contract list with detailed revenue calculations to facilitate the tracking of Global Partnerships sales goals and monthly financial reporting.
• Assist with the submission of internal and external financial reports, including but not limited to, league revenue reporting and reports for upper management as needed.
• Collaborate with other MSE team members to perform quarterly reconciliations, including but not limited to, tickets, suites, and billing.
• Assist with sponsor receivables and vendor payables.
• Help answer Global Partnerships sales staff financial requests and questions in a timely manner.
• Provide KORE and Salesforce support and troubleshooting to Global Partnerships team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree; Finance, Accounting, or business-related degree highly preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Prior working experience in a financial and/or business capacity (for a sports-related entity a major plus).
• Understanding of fundamental accounting principles.
• Highly motivated; brings positivity and enthusiasm into the workplace.
• Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to problem solve.
• Ability to consistently complete tasks in a timely manner and sustain a high work ethic with minimal direction.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively as a part of a team.