Event Staff Supervisor
Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 8/31/2023 4:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Event Staff Supervisor jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Event Staff Supervisor postings
Part Time Job
Event Staff Supervisor (Part-Time/Seasonal)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates six professional sports teams: 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, WNBA's 2019 Champion Washington Mystics, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, the 2021 & 2020 NBA 2K League Champion Wizards District Gaming and Caps Gaming, an esports sub-brand of the Capitals. Additionally, it holds a significant investment in a seventh team, Team Liquid, an endemic esports team owned and operated by aXiomatic.
In September 2022, MSE acquired full ownership of NBC Sports Washington from Comcast and NBCUniversal and now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals' and Wizards' games. The integration is underway including extensive renovations to a new, pioneering production and broadcasting space to deliver seamless experiences on linear and digital platforms for fans. Under the terms of the agreement, MSE also acquired Comcast and NBCUniversal's remaining interest in Monumental Sports Network, a first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile and over-the-top platforms that launched in 2016.
Monumental Sports owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA), a 20,000 capacity live event venue in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus.
In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in Entertainment & Sports Arena (ESA), in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth's East campus which opened in September 2018. ESA houses the MedStar Health Performance Center, the training center for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the home of the Mystics and Go-Go.
In July 2020, MSE opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, through a partnership with then William Hill (now Caesars Entertainment), with a temporary location set-up within the COA lobby. The permanent location for the Caesars Sportsbook by William Hill opened within COA in May 2021.
And in January 2022, MSE announced it would be opening District E, powered by Ticketmaster, in the first quarter of 2023. This flagship venue for esports and entertainment is the largest on the East Coast: a premier, nearly 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offering a 365-day-a-year, series of immersive experiences in esports, music, event programming, and community events – along with pre- and post-event activations for fans attending Capitals and Wizards games or events. This space will entertain hundreds for independent events, offer an extraordinary culinary experience, and will create a best-in-class competition and training venue for the MSE esports franchises which it owns, operates, and invests in.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Event Staff Supervisor is responsible for team member supervision, crowd management, and executing Capital One Arena and Guest Relations Department event policies and procedures.
Are you organized, have customer service experience, and excellent interpersonal skills? We would love to hear from you!
• Provide information, assistance and direction to guests and team members.
• Responsible for crowd management and enforcing COA policies.
• Utilizes conflict resolution, de-escalation and mediation techniques to resolve guest disruptions.
• Accommodate, direct and support injured guests to First Aid.
• Assist guests in searching for lost articles or persons.
• Resolve seat discrepancies, perform seat relocations and assist guests with disabilities requests for accommodations as needed.
• Ensure safe and proper usage of disabled lifts, escalators, elevators, ticket scanners and radios.
• Maintain high standards of housekeeping and safety policies.
• Understand, retain, and adhere to safety protocols and procedures to ensure guests and team members safety in case of an emergency.
• Monitor entrances, escalators, elevators, seating sections, club areas and smoking areas.
• Assist with efficient line management inside and outside the arena.
• Perform post event building sweep as assigned, ensuring that all guests have exited and that all doors are secured.
• Efficiently report any possible threats, hazards, and harassment claims to management.
• Investigate and complete incident and corrective action reports as needed.
• Complete event information and checklists in a timely manner; including corrective action and incident reports.
• Notify management of all team member issues and ensure that an accurate level of corrective action is received.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years of supervisory experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management, peers and direct reports.
• Able to work effectively both independently and on a team.
• Strong problem solving skills and able to make decisions in a fast paced environment.
• Exemplify a strong commitment and willingness to provide outstanding customer service.
• Requires prolonged standing, sitting, walking and stair climbing to access full range of facility.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.