Director, Technical Broadcast Ops Control Room
Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
Full Time Job
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
The Director, Technical Broadcast Ops Control Room is responsible for managing non-technical aspects of the Technical & Broadcast Department's Control Room while elevating part-time employee experience during events. This position will focus on developing a team that is passionate about delivering quality TV broadcast productions from Game Entertainment's production, scripting, and league requirements.
Do you have strong production, scripting, and broadcast experience and are passionate about leading an effective team? We would love to hear from you!
• Lead all aspects of control room function on game and event nights including managing part-time staff.
• Acts as liaison for all video production and LED elements and ensure that all video content is accurately loaded for sponsorship and marketing departments.
• Lead crewing and work assignments for all control room positions on game nights.
• Build and lead staff training for those working the control room.
• Review, recommend, and implement game night operational policies and procedures to deliver a world class in-arena video production.
• Support and work closely with internal teams and any additional events.
• Serve as liaison between TBOPs, Game Entertainment and 3rd Party Events with regards to scheduling and protocols.
• Establish and maintain a performance rating mechanism for part time control room staff to ensure consistently extraordinary video production and delivery.
• Manage part-time employees' hours and assist with scheduling.
• Assists TBOP staff with day-to-day office management and minor maintenance duties.
• Meets regularly with VP and Administrative Assistant to discuss execution and preparation for games and events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field.
• 5 years experience in game operations, TV production, broadcast, and/or TV control room; sports experience is helpful.
• Experience using industry standard broadcast equipment.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Working understanding of broadcast audio techniques and lighting.
• Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
• Confidence to make quick decisions and troubleshoot in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.