Director, Corporate Communications
Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 9:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Director, Corporate Communications jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Director, Corporate Communications postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Corporate Communications?
Full Time Job
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Director, Corporate Communication position is responsible for leading communications assets for internal and external distribution. This position will focus on building positive media relationships across a wide variety of beats and issue areas. The position requires a candidate who is a self-starter, possesses a high-level of attention for detail, and has meticulous follow-through.
Do you have experience in corporate communications and are passionate about creating and delivering clear and concise content? We would love to hear from you!
• Garner consistent coverage from reporters and publications covering sports (locally, regionally, nationally and internationally), business, technology, media, community relations, government and metro D.C.
• Responsible for proactive media placements on the organization, Capital One Arena, and its CEO.
• Manage and update corporate communications press list, pitch stories to journalists for coverage and support the drafting of corporate press releases.
• Distribute daily press clips for the executive team at MSE and monitor for breaking news stories of impact to the company for real-time distribution.
• Compile traditional and online/social media engagement reports for internal distribution.
• Build and maintain MSE's editorial calendar for communications and produce a monthly External Relations report.
• Provide research and analysis on communications projects and reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 5 years communications work experience.
• Previous project management and planning experience.
• Ability to prioritize workload with competing deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively both independently on and a team.
• Outstanding attention to detail with strong follow-through, results driven.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, as needed.