Monumental Sports and EntertainmentArlington, VA
This was removed by the employer on 7/1/2021 4:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Director, Accounting jobs in Arlington-VA
Search all Director, Accounting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Accounting?
Full Time Job
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League's Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook with William Hill at Capital One Arena and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company.
As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Director, Accounting is responsible for managing and supporting Accounting team for the Capital One Arena. This position will focus on proactive leadership in order to facilitate projects and initiatives to support various departments within the Company.
Are you an experienced accounting executive who is detail orientated with strong communication skills and eager to efficiently support internal departments? We would love to hear from you!
• Lead and support accounting staff and operations in Billing, A/R, GL and Revenue Recognition for DC Arena, LP.
• Support month-end and year-end close process.
• Assist in coordination of year-end financial statement audit.
• Lead oversight of Sponsorship Revenue Accounting.
• Review and approve sponsorship related intercompany accounting between DCALP and all other entities.
• Maintain contract files for retail space and review all related activity.
• Coordinate NBA League Reporting (BRI, CFS).
• Assist with settlement of concerts, family shows and other Arena events with event promoters.
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions, financial reporting, and accurate revenue recognition.
• Assist in development and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Coordinate with other MSE Departments as necessary.
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
• Perform ad hoc analysis as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors' Degree.
• 6 years of combined accounting and finance experience.
• CPA, CMA or Big 4 experience is helpful.
• Previous experience in Accounting at a Supervisory level.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
• Excellent accounting software skills.
• Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information.