Monumental Sports and EntertainmentWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2021 4:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Accounting Clerk jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Accounting Clerk postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Accounting Clerk?
Full Time Job
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League's Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Accounting Clerk position is responsible for processing cash receipts, researching customer accounts, and supporting the Finance Department.
Do you have accounting experience and are looking to grow your career in finance? We would love to hear from you!
• Utilize Great Plains software to enter and track cash receipts.
• Connect with customers on past due invoices, send late notices as needed, and reconcile past due accounts.
• Communicate with staff and vendors concerning payable questions or discrepancies.
• Create and send customer invoices.
• Review payables for accurate approval and coding.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Previous accounting and/or finance experience.
• Solid understanding of MS Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent time management skills and detail driven.
• Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in handling confidential information.
• Dedicated, outgoing, hard-working, and dependable.
• Experience working with Great Plains, preferred.
• Highly motivated and self driven.