Freelance Junior Publicist
MLC PRManhattan, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Freelance Junior Publicist jobs in Manhattan-NY
MLC PR is a top-tier, boutique public relations firm specializing in entertainment-related publicity services for individuals, films, special projects, events and brands. Our clients include award-winning celebrities from TV, film and music; producers; directors; authors; brands; events and entertainment-related products.
We are seeking an experienced freelance junior publicist in New York to support the agency president's talent roster. Candidates must have PR experience, excellent communication skills, maintain the highest level of confidentiality, have the ability to keep up with an LA-based team, and remain composed in high-pressure environments with strong personalities. This position has the potential to lead to a rewarding career as an entertainment publicist.
- Assist in client event coverage and coordination for NY-based photoshoots, red carpet events, interviews, etc.
- Handle NY based hair/makeup/styling bookings
On ocassion, additional responsibilities:
- Assistant with building press lists, research and pitching
- PR writing
- Press kit support
*Work days and hours will vary and will be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- PR experience
- Four year college degree
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in teams as this is a remote position
- Strong ability to prioritize, solve problems and be resourceful
- Able to handle fast-paced PR environment
- Able to work well under pressure and take direction well
- Able to handle confidential information/issues in a sensitive manner
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision