Mlbpaa Spring Internship
MlbpaaColorado Springs, CO
Part Time Unpaid Internship
2020 MLBPAA Internship
Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization founded in 1982 with the mission of promoting the game of baseball, raising money for local charities and serving the unique needs of former players.
The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) is seeking an organized, self-motivated, team-oriented individual to assist all facets of the organization, including but not limited to the following: day-to-day operations, communications/public relations, event management, fundraising, membership development, budgeting, and memorabilia sales/marketing. This internship will provide a well-rounded experience for students interested in non-profit sports management and administration. Interns may receive college credit; as this is an unpaid position.
Start Date: January 2020
End Date: May 2020
• Team player
• Creative, trustworthy and hardworking
• Ability to act with discretion
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Be willing to offer ideas and suggestions
• Punctual and professional
• Utilize organizational abilities to manage event details and RSVP's for Legends for Youth clinic series and Alumni Day series.
• Provide support during all aspects of Spring Training as it relates to the procurement of membership dues and donations obtained during the Spring Training process
• Assist with ensuring information is accurate for team meetings.
• Help prepare for all 30 team visits by preparing packages and envelopes for individuals.
• Support Membership and Development department; including but not limited to research and execution of new member benefits, recruitment of new and lapsed members, distribution of collateral through stewardship program, and organization and execution of MLBPAA's licensing agreement process.
• Assist Special Events department with all event logistics, including, but not limited to creating invites, making calls, confirming attendees, venue applications, etc.
• Contribute to Intern Insider blog on a weekly basis, as well as assist the Communications department with national social media campaigns, content creation for internal and external newsletters, and public relations reporting and analytics.
Breakdown of Duties
• 35% - Spring Training Support (Recruitment and Fundraising efforts)
• 30% - Customer service by email and phone to former MLB players and other constituents
• 15% - Support for Events Department
• 15% - Support for Communication/Public Relations Department
• 5% - Other duties as assigned
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to TeamWork Online.