Social Media Manager
MlbpaNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/30/2022 4:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Social Media Manager postings
Full Time Job
Job Title: Social Media Manager
The Major League Players Association's Communications Department is seeking a talented Social Media Manager to develop and oversee social media strategy and implementation across its range of platforms. This person will be responsible for managing purposeful, day-to-day engagement of social communities to deliver and reinforce messaging of the MLBPA as well as its business, charitable and international programs. The manager's duties will include crafting and executing social media campaigns and programs that align with the overall communications objectives of our organization.
Managing Director, Digital Media and Creative Strategy
Duties & Responsibilities:
Planning & Strategy
• Work with communications team to develop annual strategies and monthly content calendars and following through with implementation of creative and educational content development.
• Communicate with key department leaders to stay up to date on daily, weekly and monthly programs and initiatives and recommend social media strategies to support their objectives.
• Execute strategies through scheduling, development and posting of content across all official social media channels (@MLBPA/@MLB_PLAYERS, @Peloteros_MLB, @MLBPlayersInc, @MLBPlayersTrust, @MLBPlayersMedia).
• Monitor daily social conversation of fans, Players, partners and influencers to gauge social media sentiment and create unique, engaging content that aligns with messaging of MLBPA and its business, nonprofit and international arms.
Collaborate & Create
• Create relevant and compelling content for all social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) that engages fans, drives traffic to digital properties and stimulates follower/fan growth.
• Draft copy for social media calendars (evergreen and campaign).
• Proactively cultivate conversations and engagement within official communities to foster deeper relationships resulting in community affinity and growth.
• Monitor and manage hashtags and incoming requests and queries through social media.
• Craft messages; respond and manage social conversations.
• Measure social performance, craft regular reports that analyze the success of social media activity in helping to achieve objectives and recommend solutions and adjustments to meet evolving needs.
• Monitor competitive landscape, industry best practices, social media tools and help update guidance documents as needed.
• Leverage analytics and engagement analysis to continually improve social channels and grow following.
• Gain expertise by knowing and continuously reviewing Player's brands, social trends, and the culture at large.
• Engage in social listening. Be tuned into relevant industry news and trends.
• Constantly gather social and cultural insights to identify potential opportunities to further PA objectives.
• Identify and interact with Players, their agents, online influencers and labor advocates to establish relationships for potential opportunities.
• Proactively seek out opportunities to generate revenue and grow social media channels.
• Must possess affinity for and basic understanding of organized labor movement nationally and within the professional sports industry.
• Must maintain awareness of key initiatives in organizing campaigns, political influence and legislative agendas.
• Must possess knowledge of baseball, its business landscape and the industry.
• Must have working knowledge and continuously learn about Players' on-field skills and off-field interests and endeavors.
• Comfortable spending time online and have a strong understanding of the rapidly evolving social media platforms.
• Must be in tune with what's happening offline and how that can impact the social space.
• A passion and understanding of everything baseball with a keen interest in the Players and ability to market their personalities and brands on and off the field.
• Skilled in all mainstream social networks (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok).
• Demonstrate tact, decisiveness and superior judgement required in the high-pressure environment of professional sports.
• Experience in leveraging measurement and analytical tools and programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for social media
• Highly collaborative, self-motivated, results-oriented and creative thinker with strong research skills
• Strong strategic, analytical, organizational and (written and verbal) communication skills.
• Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
• Open to flexible schedule to deal with content beyond normal business hours.
• Proactive team-player with willingness to learn, grow, problem-solve and assume responsibilities.
• Ability to identify and quickly elevate crisis and potential crisis situations to relevant supervisors as needed.
• Confidence and ability to create real-time content at events for various social channels.
• Proficient in adobe creative suite, Hootsuite, other social media management software and relevant social analytic/listening tools.
• Open to domestic and international travel as required.
• Minimum 7 years of professional experience in social media management.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, digital media, marketing/advertising or related majors
• Experience with athletes, celebrities or other high-profile accounts, community management, social media, social listening, social content management and analytics.
• Fluency in Spanish is helpful, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.